Engineering Services : Land & Site Development

NEI can provide complete professional engineering services for land development, from preliminary planning, cost estimates, and engineering recommendations through design, preparation of construction plans and contract documents, and construction management. Our experienced staff can provide assistance in the followingspecific areas:

General Services (Applicable to Most Land & Site Development Projects)

  • Site selection and pre-purchase "Due Diligence"
  • Utility and support system evaluations (e.g. water, sewer streets, drainage and utilities)
  • Conceptual site planning and suitability evaluations
  • Property boundary surveys
  • Survey calculations and layout
  • Cost Estimates
  • Financing/Funding Strategies and Applications
  • Regulatory agency coordination and plan review/approvals
  • Environmental and Regulatory agency permits
  • Public Involvement and Participation
  • Preparation of design plans for sitework, water, sewer, streets, drainage and utilities
  • Recordkeeping and documentation
  • Construction site storm water permits
  • Assistance with Bidding/Procuring Construction Services
  • Construction administration and inspection
  • As-built documentation and certifications
  • Facility commissioning, start-up and operation


  • Survey calculations and lot layout
  • Preparation of supporting technical and engineering designs for plat applications
  • Preparation of preliminary and final plats
  • Setting lot corners
  • Estimates for Financial Assurance

Parks and Recreational Development Projects

  • Park and Open Space Master Plans
  • Coordination with Advisory Boards
  • Coordination with architects and land planners

Commercial, Institutional and Industrial Development Projects

  • Site and Development Master Plans
  • Marketing and Sales support
  • Coordination with architects, land planners and other consultants

If you would like more information about specific services or how our service offerings can be put to work on your project, contact an NEI office near you.